Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jessica Hische

To say I was amazed with Jessica Hische would be an understatement. I truly think this is a direction I could see myself in. Hische is an upcoming illustrator and typographer. She designs for big industries and small industries alike and is amazingly accomplished for only graduating from Tyler in 2006. She pretty much chronicled from her graduation to the present of what she has been doing with her life. After applying to many places she got a job in New York which truly changed her life forever. From there she blossomed and now freelances her craft. She does lettering and typography and has managed to mix the two using the internet a lot to get her stuff out there. She also kept stressing the difference between Illustration and Design. She explained in Illustration you get an assignment and due dates and the client is never totally consulted whereas with design there are more meetings and revisions. Her whole speech just enticed me to the idea of moving to New York. I had the choice to go, however I thought that at my age Philadelphia was less intimidating. I think I would be able to handle New York in time. This might be something I could do with my life. I love the commercial style that Hische has and that is something I really do want to emulate in a way and make into my own somehow. I am a little unsure if illustration is what I want or even typography but the idea is coming more and more to me so we will have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment