Friday, September 10, 2010

Response to Videos from Foundation Computers

After seeing these videos, that tragically I forget the names of, however my idea to take notes at the time has saved me for this post, I really felt like this is our culture and it is as simple as that. Unless one lives underneath a rock, we all know about YouTube and other sites like it, dedicated to giving each individual a voice into the great space known as the internet. It is in this way that people feel they can get recognized for the simplest and most inane things. This includes what the one video from TED.com talked about with people taking songs that have already been made and remixing it. Remixing is to today what doo-wop started in the 1950s. It is all the rage! I think it is all for the entertainment value. Perhaps it is because originality is few and far between now but I also believe that it is all in good fun. It is not to steal someone's work to remix a song, it is for the sake of getting one's name out there. For instance, some friends have showed me a recent remix done to a news report that clearly was not meant to harm anyone but to just give light to a sticky situation. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEvNS5TzvwM&feature=fvw

No comments:

Post a Comment