Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thoughts on Tues Sept 14 Lecture

The speaker was an artist named, Peter Hanley, who came to talk about, to be honest I am not very sure. I tried to latch onto the point of his speech but what I ended up getting from it was not what I think the intension of his speech was. I learned that he doesn't use a studio to do his work and that to do presentations he used a neat little program that is better than powerpoint for presentations called Prezi. The program in fact I thought to be actually one of the more interesting things about his presentation. It wasn't something that showed his points in a slide by slide basis but used zooming and web type setup to go from one topic to the next. It was really quite intriguing. But overall, I think the point was to highlight that you do not have to be conventional to be an artist? He seemed to be very interesting as an individual but I don't think I really took anything from it other than a new insight to a cool presentation tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment